Lady Landowners Leaving Legacy (Urbana)
This series is designed to help female landowners understand critical conservation and farm management issues related to owning land. It will provide participants with the knowledge, skills and confidence to talk with tenants about farming and conservation practices used on their land. The farm management portion will provide an understanding of passing land on to the next generation and help establish fair rental rates by looking at current farm budgets.
The series runs every other Thursday, June 14 through August 23 from 9:00-11:30 in the Champaign County Community Center Auditorium in Urbana, Ohio. It is $50 for the series. If you are only able to attend a couple of session, it is $10 per session but there is a lot of value in getting to know other participants in the series and talking with them each week.
June 14- Building Soil Structure
- Soil Structure Discussion and Demo
- Tillage Methods and Compaction (includes three demonstrations)
- Soil Coverage Discussion and Demo
June 28- Implementing Conservation
- Conservation Activity
- Aquifer Demonstration
- Watershed Maps of Participants Farms
- Explanation of Conservation Practices
July 12- Value of the Land Beyond the Dollar
- Land Value Diagram
- Landowner/Tenant Relationship Panel
- Wildlife Habitat Programs
July 26- Transition and Succession Planning
- Peggy Hall and Wright Moore Law Firm
Aug 9- Leasing and Budgets
- Good Leasing Contracts
- Hunting Leases
- Overview of Commodity Budgets
Aug 23- Farm Visit
Some activities developed by Women, Food and Agriculture Network for its Women Caring for the Land program.