Western ARS Agronomy Field Day
The Western Agricultural Research Station Agronomy Field Day will be held July 17th. The station is mostly planted but everything went in on the edge – as you saw it on your farm too. Hear our researcher’s thoughts and recommendations on how to manage this season.
Held at the OSU Western Agricultural Research Station at 7721 South Charleston Pike, South Charleston (https://oardc.osu.edu/facility/western-agricultural-research-station)
Registration begins at 8:30 a.m. and the event will start promptly at 9:00 a.m.
Topics planned, but subject to change with the concerns and problems of the growing season:
- 9:00 Corn Row Width – Technology vs. Agronomy – John Fulton
- 9:45 Organic matter, what’s the difference
- Organic Matter Measurements on the Go? – Alex Lindsey
- Long Term Tillage Continuous Corn Trials – Steve Culman
- 10:30 Grow it, Kill it
- Cover Crops and Forages – Rory Lewandowski
- Herbicide Mode of Action Demo – Mark Loux
- Grow local - Hops, Barley & Ohio Beer
- 12:00 Lunch
- 1:00 Barley and Double-Crop Soybeans – Laura Lindsey
- 1:45 Delayed planting impacts
- Corn & Soybean Diseases – Pierce Paul
- Stinkbugs and hole punchers – Kelley Tilmon
- 3:00 Thank you, safe trip home
Cost: Free and open to the public.
Please RSVP to Joe Davlin at 937-462-8016, or email@example.com, or Harold Watters at 937-604-2415, or firstname.lastname@example.org by July 12, 2019. Lunch provided.