Nothing is perfect this year, but we want to help you get to harvest with a little more clarity as to what the potential may be. Please attend our OSU Extension and OARDC Western ARS Agronomy Field Day on July 16.
Check-in is from 8:30 AM to 9 with the wagon tour running from 9 to noon. Stops on the morning wagon tour include -
▪ Mark Sulc to discuss Alternative Forage Options,
▪ Laura Lindsey will present her Intensified Input Management on Soybean Production program,
▪ Ron Hammond will talk about the Continued Movement of Stink Bugs and our concerns about Resistant Corn Rootworm,
▪ Marl Loux will discuss Corn & Soybean Weed Management Issues for 2014, and we will introduce
▪ Steve Culman our new Soil Fertility Specialist talking about the Fertility Draw Down plots and ask the question: How Low Can We Go?
Lunch will include a locally catered meal while you rest in the air conditioned comfort of the Station conference room.
After lunch we will have a brief showing of the potential Impact of Herbicide Drift from Roger Downer, then board the wagons again to head back out to the field for a closer look at some additional farm research field trials. The intent is that you can see things a little closer and get a chance to ask the State Specialist what really is going on in your fields.
Choose one afternoon program for hands on training. These run from 1PM to 3PM with about an hour each with the specialists.
▪ How to get the most out of your soybean crop - Laura Lindsey & Anne Dorrance
▪ Squeezing more bushels per acre out of your corn production - Peter Thomison & Pierce Paul
▪ Strategies on how to get rid of those unwanted pests - Mark Loux & Ron Hammond
CCA CEUs will be available.
The Ohio Soybean Council provides support for our program.
The new Field Guide for Corn, Soybean, Wheat and Alfalfa in a new format will be available for sale.
Pre-registration required for meal count by July 11, payable at the door $20. Register by email or phone to: Harold Watters (email@example.com), 937 599-4227 or Joe Davlin (firstname.lastname@example.org), 937 462-8016.
The location is the Western Agricultural Research Station - one of our university agronomic research sites for Ohio. OARDC – Western Agricultural Research Station, 7721 South Charleston Pike, South Charleston, Ohio 45368
Additional information about the station: http://www.oardc.ohio-state.edu/branches/branchinfo.asp?id=9.