Corn Colleges are high impact programs are designed for producers wanting to be on the “Cutting Edge” of corn production for their operations.
Topics will include:
• Agronomic Practices that Optimize Profitability in Corn Production-Perception vs. Reality – Dr Peter Thomison, OSU Extension, Corn production
• Nitrogen Timing and Needs During Corn Development – Dr. Steve Culman OSU Extension, Soil Fertility
• Influence of N Source on Timing of Application – Dr. Steve Culman OSU Extension, Soil Fertility
• Fungicide Effects on Disease, Ear Rot and Yield in Field Corn – Dr. Pierce Paul, OSU Extension, Plant Pathology
• Real Field Experiences with Variable Rate Nitrogen Applications – Tim Norris, Ag-Info Tech
The Central Ohio Corn College will be held Monday, January 26, 2015 at the Agricultural Services Building, 1025 Harcourt Road, Mt. Vernon, OH from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM. Deadline for registration is January 19, 2015. Please send registration for the Central Ohio Corn College to OSU Extension Knox County, PO Box 1268, Mount Vernon, OH 43050. Make checks payable to OSU Extension. For more information contact John Barker (firstname.lastname@example.org / 740-397-0401).
The Southwest Ohio Corn College will be held Tuesday, January 27, 2015 at the Clinton County Extension Community Room from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM. Deadline for registration is January 21, 2015. Please send registration for the Southwest Ohio Corn College to OSU Extension Clinton County, 111 S. Nelson Avenue, Suite 2, Wilmington, OH 45177. Make checks payable to OSU Extension. For more information contact Tony Nye (email@example.com / 937-382-0901).
Cost is $50 per person for the Corn College. Cost will include handouts, bulletins, refreshments, and lunch. CCA Credits will be available that day.