The FSR Agronomy College is September 15th. We will make use of the site and facilities of the Farm Science Review’s Molly Caren Agricultural Center. We will see some things that FSR attendees won’t see. Registration is at 8:30 with the program running from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Enjoy lunch and discussion with industry and university agronomists. We encourage company Agronomists, CCAs and Custom Applicators to attend.
9 a.m. start – with updates from OSU agronomic crop state specialists
For the morning OSU Extension will meet with attendees in the Agronomy Plots – Plant Pathologists Anne Dorrance and Pierce Paul, with Peter Thomison, Laura Lindsey and Mark Loux from the Horticulture & Crop Science department and Andy Michel from OSU Entomology.
For lunch we move to larger tent on the east side of parking lot
· OSU’s CFAES safety lead Kent McGuire, will be there to visit with those attending over lunch. We should also have an Ohio CCA Board member there to discuss current activities with CCAs.
For the afternoon:
1) Sprayer setup and nozzle selection for reduced movement
· For 2016 we will have the release of several new herbicide tolerant soybeans technologies – when dicamba and 2,4-D are sprayed in season. Learn how to reduce potential drift problems.
2) Tillage and Nutrient Placement Systems for Improved Efficiency and Environmental Consequences in High Yield Corn – Tony Vyn, Purdue University Agronomy will be with us.
· Watch as we incorporate fertilizer, to reduce movement but hear how we can help our crops, too.
o Ohio Cat will be on hand to do the incorporation.
3) UAV & Remote sensing –
· John Barker OSU Extension, Knox County with assistance from Ag Engineering personnel
o UAVs will be on display and we’ll talk about how to get value from these coming systems
4) Precision Ag – John Fulton FABE, likely with Scott Schearer
· Using a planter for placing inputs where you want them – seed, nutrients, micros, what is possible? Is accuracy an issue?
Supported by the Ohio Soybean Council. Commercial Pesticide Education credits will be available as well as CCA CEUs.
The program this year is in conjunction with the Ohio AgriBusiness Association’s Custom Applicator committee. Registration is through their office, for more information: http://oaba.net/aws/OABA/pt/sp/events.
Date: September 15, 2015
Location: Farm Science Review -- Molly Caren Agricultural Center, London, OH
Time: Registration begins at 8:30 a.m.; sessions begin at 9 a.m. and concludes at 4 p.m.
Registration: To register online,http://associationdatabase.com/aws/OABA/registration/add_registrations_prompt?event_id=2026&host=retain.