The 2016 Central Ohio Agronomy School will be held on Monday evenings, beginning on Monday January 25 through Monday February 29, from 6:30 –9:00 p.m. in the conference room of the Ag Services Building, 1025 Harcourt Rd., Mt. Vernon, Ohio 43050. This six-week program will provide the attendees with the most comprehensive, up-to-date crop production and agricultural technology information available today. This school is designed with everyone in mind; part-time or full-time producer, beginner or CCA agronomist. Within each subject area we will teach the basic concepts and progress to the most advanced agronomic principles.
- January 25 – World Grains Outlook, Grain Marketing in Ohio – Dr. Matt Roberts
- February 1 – Precision Ag Technology, Aerial Imaging – Dr. John Fulton, Tim Norris
February 8 –
- Manure, Manure, Manure – What Is The Economic Value, How Much Is Really Available, Developing A Manure Recommendation – Glen Arnold, Field Specialist, OSU Extension
- Nitrogen - Is There an “Economical Rate”, OSU Nitrogen Study Research Results. Greg LaBarge, Field Specialist, OSU Extension
February 15 –
- New Spray Nozzle Technology, Live “Hands-on” Demonstration of new sprayer nozzles - Dr. Erdal Ozkan
- Variable Rate Farm Leases – Barry Ward
- February 22 - Weed Control - Dr. Mark Loux, OSU Extension. Palmer Amaranth – It’s Getting Real Close, Weed Identification, Weed control update for 2016
- February 29 – Ohio Field Crop Disease Update – Dr. Anne Dorrance, Dr. Pierce Paul. To Spray Or Not To Spray, Fungicide Efficiency, Evaluating Corn and Soybean Disease Ratings
- March 7 - Weather Make Up Date
This school will provide:
15 continuing education credits (CEU’s) for Certified Crop Advisers,
- M.M. 1.5, P.D. 3.5, I.P.M. 6.5, C.M. 2.5, S&W 1.0.
8.5 hours of Commercial Pesticide Credits – (applied for)
- Core– 1.5 Hours, 2C - 2 Hours, 2A –3.5 Hours, 10C—1.5 Hours
8.5 hours of Private Pesticide Recertification Credits - (applied for)
- Core - 1.5 Hours, Category 1– 4.5 Hours, Category 2- 1 Hour, Category 6—1.5 Hours
Registration costs vary due to CUE credits and pesticide applicator credits.
This program is sponsored by The Ohio State University Extension, AgInfoTech, B&B Farm Service, Beck’s, Central Ohio Farmers CO-OP, Channel, Ohio Soybean Council and Seed Consultants.
For more information contact the OSU Extension Office in Knox County (740-397-0401). The following link will provide more information for this program. http://knox.osu.edu/news/2016-central-ohio-agronomy-school