The OSU Extension offices in Northeast Ohio are pleased to be offering the “2019 Northeast Ohio Agronomy School”on Wednesday, February 20, 2018 from 9:00 to 3:30 p.m. at the Bristolville Community Center located at 1864 State Route 88 in Bristolville, Ohio. With profit margins decreasing it will be vital for crop producers to get the biggest bang from the dollars they invest in land rental, seed and fertilizer, technology, chemicals, and crop protection in 2019. A full day of topics with six different speakers has been planned for producers to learn more about the major issues impacting corn and soybean production in northeast Ohio.
New Field Crop Fertilizer Recommendations - Steve Culman,
- This talk will highlight major changes and findings of extensive state-wide on-farm fertilizer field trials
Stink Bug Management in Soybeans - Andy Michel
- Dr. Michel will cover stink bug identification and management as well as tools to estimate insect defoliation in soybean.
Preventing Waterhemp and Palmer Amaranth from Ruining Your Life - Mark Loux
- Dr. Loux will discuss strategies to prevent waterhemp and Palmer Amaranth from becoming established in NE Ohio.
Soybean Disease Update - Anne Dorrance
- Dr. Dorrance will discuss diseases that are popping up in Ohio with the wet weather, and what are some new recommendations to control their spread.
Yield Limiting Factors in Soybeans, and Agronomic Management of Barley - Laura Lindsey
- What is holding back your soybeans from increasing yield? Dr. Lindsey will discuss how to increase your soybean yield and also talk about agronomic decisions for growing barley.
Malting Barley in Ohio – A Growing Opportunity - Whitney Thompson
- Origin Malt and Malting Seed Producers are excited to continue building their network of barley growers in the State of Ohio. The talk today will address information about Origin Malt, malting barley best practices and how to become a malting barley grower.
Registration-The registration fee for this workshop is $15 per person and includes refreshments, lunch, speaker travel expenses, and program handouts. Pre-registration is required by February 18, 2019. Make checks payable to OSU Extension, and mail to Trumbull County Extension office, 520 West Main Street, Cortland, OH 44410. A registration flyer can be found at: trumbull.osu.edu More information can be received by calling the Trumbull County Extension office at 330-638-6783.