The Western Agricultural Research Station Agronomy Field Day will be held July 17th. Hear our researchers thoughts and recommendations on how to manage this interesting season. We will have the field day - rain or shine.
Held at the OSU Western Agricultural Research Station at 7721 South Charleston Pike, South Charleston (https://oardc.osu.edu/facility/western-agricultural-research-station)
Registration begins at 8:30 a.m. and the event will start promptly at 9:00 a.m.
- 9:00 Corn Row Width – Technology vs. Agronomy – John Fulton, Alex Lindsey
- 9:45 Organic matter, what’s the difference
- Organic Matter Measurements on the Go? – Alex Lindsey
- Long Term Tillage Continuous Corn Trials – Harold Watters
- 10:30 Grow it, Kill it
- Cover Crops and Forages – Rory Lewandowski
- Herbicide Mode of Action Demo – Mark Loux, Tony Dobbels
- 12:00 Lunch provided – let us know you are coming
- 1:00 Barley and Double Crop Soybeans – Laura Lindsey
- 1:45 Delayed planting impacts
- Corn & Soybean Diseases – Pierce Paul
- Stinkbugs and hole punchers – Andy Michel
- 2:30 Using UAV's for Data Collection – Trevor Witt, Kansas State University
- 3:00 Thank you, safe trip home
Cost is free and open to the public. But please tell us you are coming.