The Western Agricultural Research Station Weed and Agronomy Field Day will be held July 13th. The station is planted but everything went in on the edge – as you saw it on your farm too. Hear our researchers’ thoughts and recommendations on how to manage this interesting season.
Held at the OSU Western Agricultural Research Station at 7721 South Charleston Pike, South Charleston (https://oardc.osu.edu/facility/western-agricultural-research-station)
Registration begins at 8:30 a.m. and the event will start promptly at 9:00 a.m.
Topics planned, subject to change with the concerns and problems of the growing season:
- 9:00 Alternative Crops – Alyssa Essman,
- Hemp, Sunflowers – Alyssa Essman, Jim Jasinski, and Horacio Lopez-Nicora
- 10:00 Cover Crops and Early Plant Soybeans?
- Rye Cover Crop and Soybean Plant Date Interaction – Laura Lindsey
- 11:00 Pesky Weeds!
- Cover Crops on Weed Control – Alyssa Essman
- Weed Control Strategies – Mark Loux
- 12:00 Lunch
- Rudy’s BBQ
- 1:00 Soybean Yield Robbers
- Soybean Diseases and Cyst nematode – Horacio Lopez-Nicora
- 2:00 Are Corn Diseases on the Rise This Season?
- Corn Disease Challenges – Pierce Paul
Cost is free and is open to the public; lunch provided. Please RSVP to Joe Davlin at 937-462-8016, or email@example.com or Mark Loux firstname.lastname@example.org by July 11, 2022.