A couple of reminders for those who wish to become a CCA, or those wish to add to their specializations.
The Ohio Certified Crop Adviser (CCA) Exam Training program will be held virtually for 2021 on January 5, 6, 7 & 8. This is normally an intensive two-day workshop but will be spread across four days this year, beginning at 9:00 a.m. and adjourn by 1:00 p.m. each day. Provided as a great basic agronomy course, it will be used as a reminder on how best to prepare for the local CCA exam.
Harold Watters, CPAg, CCA
Ohio State University Extension
Phone 937 604-2415 cell. Or by email: email@example.com.
The price for the exam preparation class is $200. We provide the books, the lectures, and links to the presentations and handouts.
- Secure on-line registration via credit card, debit card or check is available on the Ohio AgriBusiness Association link: http://bit.ly/OH-CCA-ExamPrep20.
- We need time to ship books, so register by December 20th.
- For more information see our earlier newsletter article: https://agcrops.osu.edu/newsletter/corn-newsletter/2020-37/ohio-certified-crop-adviser-pre-exam-training
The CCA Exam Registration is NOW Open BUT the deadline is Dec 11. We do not give the CCA Exam in our preparation class but you can register to take the on-line proctored exam at the American Society of Agronomy website. Link to register to take the exams (there are 2 exams) to become a CCA: https://www.certifiedcropadviser.org/exams/registration. The exams are given twice a year, so your next chance is August.
- Specialty certification exams to be given at the same time – but only if you are already a CCA
- 4R Nutrient Management Specialty (4R NMS) Certification
- California Nitrogen Management (CA-NSp) Certification
- Precision Agriculture Specialty (PASp) Certification
- Resistance Management Specialty (RMS) Certification
- Sustainability Specialty (SSp) Certification