The next Certified Crop Adviser (CCA) Exam is to be held August 5, 2016 – we are nearing the end of the registration period from May 2 - June 24, 2016.
To become certified in the Certified Crop Adviser Program requires the taking and passing of two exams - the International Certified Crop Adviser Exam and a local board exam (for Ohio, the Tri-State exam). In addition to passing both exams, you are required to submit proof of the required work experience and educational background, which will be reviewed by your local board before certification can be granted.
To register for the CCA exam(s), you must fully complete the online exam registration. Within two weeks of the exam, you will receive a confirmation email stating the exact time and location of the exam. Registration instructions for the CCA exams can be found at: https://www.certifiedcropadviser.org/login/links/240.
Three new CCA specialty areas were recently developed to meet increasing need. These exams may be taken at the same time as the CCA exam, with registration via the same method at https://www.certifiedcropadviser.org/login/links/240. You must be a current CCA to sit for any of the specialty exams.
- Resistance Management Specialty (RMS) Certification - The Resistance Management Specialty (RMS) is for CCAs who do Integrated Pest Management (IPM) work and focus on crop protection.
- Sustainability Specialty (SSp) Certification - The purpose of implementing a Sustainability Specialty is to utilize CCAs to help farmers/producers to become better acquainted with and adopt/enhance/implement sustainability concepts, stewardship, and best management practices within their operations.
- 4R Nutrient Management Specialist (4R NMS) Certification - The 4R NMS specialty is for CCAs who do nutrient management planning and focus their work in this area. It allows CCAs to prove their knowledge, advance their skills and draw awareness to their abilities. It should align with USDA-NRCS and state nutrient management standards.
In preparation for the introductory CCA exams you should review the performance objectives.
- The Tri-State performance objectives: https://www.certifiedcropadviser.org/files/certifiedcropadviser/tri-state-performance-objectives.pdf
- For the international exam: https://www.certifiedcropadviser.org/exams/icca-performance-objectives
A CCA Exam preparation class will be held in Ohio this July 13 & 14 in Wooster. If you wish to attend the class, this link will lead to the registration site: https://go.osu.edu/ccaexamprep.