Registration and program agendas are available for two upcoming Nutrient Management Field Day events being hosted at OARDC Branch Stations. These programs provide the opportunity for a demonstration approach to Fertilizer Applicator Certification Training (FACT) while highlighting nutrient/water quality research being conducted at these locations. Information on nutrient sources of commercial fertilizer and manure are included.
Details on the individual programs can be found at the links below:
- July 21, Western Ag Research Station, OARDC, 7721 S. Charleston Pike South Charleston, OH http://go.osu.edu/westernnutrientday
- July 28, Northwest Agricultural Research Station, OARDC, 4240 Range Line Rd. Custar, OH https://go.osu.edu/nwnutrientday
Both programs begin at 9 am and finish by 2:30 pm. Pre-registration is required, with a $15 registration fee that covers lunch. Payment can be made with credit card.
The agenda will feature nitrogen management, phosphorus management, water quality and equipment for fertilizer placement. Each program varies slightly to utilize on-site resources. Refer to the site agenda for complete details.
General topics covered:
- Nitrogen management will cover pre-sidedress Nitrogen soil test for N, use of NDVI meters in N rate determinations, using maximum return to nitrogen models and late season N applications.
- Phosphorus management will include results of long term P and K studies, reading a soil test report and determining P fertilizer rates.
- Water quality will include nutrient movement from edge of field results and drainage water management recommendations
- Field demonstration will include:
- Equipment for granular fertilizer placement and late season N application to corn.
- Using manure as a nutrient source to replace commercial fertilizer purchases and fully utilize N.
Please note a similarly formatted field day is planned for September 14th at the FSR site London, OH. Announcement and registration for this event will occur in early August.